Friday 20 June 2014

New Pattern for sale!

Hi there, coo-eee, it's me again!

Bet you didn't think you'd hear from me again so soon - you were thinking I'd vanish for another year weren't you?!

Well here I am, after work on a Friday, keeping in touch with you lovely people.  I've been a busy little bee this week!  I've registered with HMRC as a sole trader (if you're selling your own hand-crafted items, please be aware that if you're selling more than one or two items to friends and family you do need to register with HMRC - it took me a while to find the information, but I did eventually - HMRC Guide). I've also had my business cards printed:



Aren't they cute?  I've had these made ready for handing out at craft fairs. Did I tell you I'll have a stall at Abergavenny Craft Market on 25th August (Bank Holiday Monday)? If you're in the area do pop in and say Hi!

I've also been thinking about making a few items that might be suitable for selling in shops. With this in mind, I designed this adorable little babygrow with a crocheted daisy chain applique:


This one is available to purchase in my Etsy shop, along with a few other new items I've added. Once I've increased my range a bit I plan on going to see people with independent baby clothes shops to see if they would consider stocking them - I'll let you know how I get on!

The reason I'm thinking of going down this route is I think a lot of people look for knit & crochet inspiration and patterns on the internet rather than finished items. I think they would prefer to be able to touch and feel a finished item before buying it, so I think selling finished items in an actual shop might be the way to go.

In the meantime I have finally started putting my pattern designs down onto paper (well...pdf documents!?!) The first one is my 'Ever Increasing Circles' Necklace and it is now up for sale on both Etsy and my Ravelry Store:

I've got the patterns for my trio of British Birds and the Clematis Garland scribbled on pieces of paper and will soon be typing them up into a form others will be able to make sense of!  

In the meantime, I have a busy evening of housework this evening - our house is up for sale and we have two viewings booked for tomorrow so I'd best get it looking it's best! Wish us luck...  

Have a fabulous weekend everyone.

Love & hugs
Claire Clutterbug xx



No comments:

Post a Comment